By Charles L. Fontenay
The Golden Age of technology Fiction Megapacks are designed to introduce readers to vintage technology fiction writers who may rather be forgotten.
Charles L. Fontenay (1917-2007) is one such unjustly forgotten writer. incorporated listed here are seven brief tales plus one novel, released among, representing a few of his top work.
About the Megapacks
Over the previous few years, our “Megapack” sequence of booklet anthologies has proved to be one among our most well liked endeavors. (Maybe it is helping that we occasionally provide them as rates to our mailing list!) One query we preserve getting requested is, “Who’s the editor?”
The Megapacks (except the place particularly credited) are a bunch attempt. every person at Wildside works on them. This contains John Betancourt, Mary Wickizer Burgess, Sam Cooper, Carla Coupe, Steve Coupe, Bonner Menking, Colin Azariah-Kribbs, Robert Reginald. A. E. Warren, and lots of of Wildside’s authors… who frequently recommend tales to incorporate (and not only their own!)
• “Disqualified” initially seemed in If Worlds of technological know-how Fiction, September 1954.
• “Atom Drive” initially seemed in If Worlds of technology Fiction, April 1956.
• “Service with a Smile” initially seemed in If Worlds of technological know-how Fiction, June 1956.
• “The Martian Shore” initially seemed in Infinity technological know-how Fiction, 1957.
• “The reward Bearer” initially seemed in Amazing technological know-how Fiction Stories, September 1958.
• “The Jupiter Weapon” initially seemed in Amazing technology Fiction Stories, March 1959.
• “Wind” initially seemed in Amazing technology Fiction Stories, April 1959.
• “Rebels of the crimson Planet” initially seemed in 1961 as half an Ace Double.